13 QUESTIONS WITH IMPERIAL CHINA
Imperial China is a rad new band from Washington, D.C. who were smart enough to agree to play our East Coast Halloween Party. Ian Mackaye likes’em, so should you. They just got 13 Questions sexier below…
1. Who are your heroes?
Wayne Gretzky, Wayne Brady, Dr. Wayne Dyer
2. If you weren’t making art, what do you think you’d be doing?
Probably trying to get radical.
3. What’s the best (or dumbest) thing that’s been said to you after a show?
After one of our shows, a friend told us we should get a new singer.
4. Time for REAL TALK: Who is the biggest asshole you’ve ever shared a stage/studio with?
This UK band called These New Puritans. They had some dick running around in chain mail, a girl who looked completely bored and disinterested by the two notes she was asked to play, and they wouldn’t let us borrow their bass when we broke a string, because (in an english accent) “it’s delicate”.
5. What films (and/or books) really inspired you that our readers should check out for themselves?
As cliché as it is to say it, because people talk about this book all the time, Our Band Could Be Your Life was the most inspiring book on music (or any other subject) we’ve ever read.
6. Who would you rather eat dinner with, Danny Devito or Dog the Bounty Hunter?
How about Cartman as Dog the Bounty Hunter?
7. Who was your first kiss, and what’s the last you’ve heard about he or she?
My dog is dead now.
8. Do you have hope for this new generation of Lindsay Lohan worshipping, TMZ sucking, music downloading (and have never owned a cd or LP), fast food gobbling teenagers? Are they a lost cause?
Well, between hipsters buying records now and hippies pushing everything organic, I think things will change. Who knows, in 20 years, people will think it’s ironic and hot shit to go to McDonalds.
9. You’ve done some things your not proud of…so SPILL!
I’ve already talked about my dead dog.
10. What could you NOT live without (aside from the obvious)?
My 1962 Fender Jazzmaster…..sike, gearheads are nerdzzzz.
11. What’s the most important lesson you’ve ever learned?
(1) Sound guys are rarely cool.
(2) Sound guys with ponytails are never cool.
12. What bands should people reading this be listening to?
DD/MM/YYYY – We just played with them recently, and they put on an awesome show.
Double Dagger – They are a nasty post-hardcore band from Baltimore. All balls, no bull.
13. Give the internet some words to live by…we know it needs some!
“All That is Solid” (Buddyhead exclusive)
They Only Live to Get Radical