1. Who are your heroes?
David Byrne. He’s continually created some of the best art and music around and aside from’ less talk more head’ has never done anything I really dislike.
2. If you weren’t making art, what do you think you’d be doing?
I probably would just be drunk at home yelling at the tv because they were re-running the same episodes of Roseanne or something stupid.
3. What’s the best (or dumbest) thing that’s been said to you after a show?
Some guy asked me if I wanted to do inhalents with him after a college show I played. That was pretty grim.
4. Time for REAL TALK: Who is the biggest asshole you’ve ever shared a stage/studio with?
We played with some band called Wild Lights once. They got mad that we took their beer or something in the dressing room. They were totally on some rock star greater than thow shit.
5. What films (and/or books) really inspired you that our reader should check out for themselves?
A brave new world. I’m reading this comic called ‘The Preacher’ that’s really good right now. The first movie that made me really realize I wanted to play music was “A Hard Days Night”.
6. Who would you rather eat dinner with, Danny Devito or Dog The Bounty Hounter?
Danny Devito. Dog is a nark.
7. Was middle school your “Vietnam”? What were your survival tactics?
I went to a Christian school in Virginia for middle school. That shit was unbelieveable.
8. Do you have hope for this new generation of Lindsay Lohan worshipping, TMZ sucking, music downloading (and have never owned a cd or LP), fast food gobbling teenagers? Are they a lost cause?
I think even young kids want something physical to hold so records will be something they get into at some point
9. You are guilty of shameful things. What are these BAAAAAD things?
Yeah. I haven’t showered in 4 days and I just sprayed my arm pits and crotch with febreeze. That should keep me good for another week.
10. What could you NOT live with out?
11. What’s the most important life lesson you’ve ever learned?
Just have fun. Fuck everything else.
12. What band should people reading this be listening to?
Best coast. Bitters. Mayyors. Hudson mohawke.
13. Give the internet some words to live by…. we all know it needs some!
Get off the fucking Internet.