1. What artist inspired you to create art?
As a child I watched a lot of Shirley Temple short films like “Dora’s Dunking Donuts,” which turned into other theatrical obsessions such as W.C. Fields, Gene Kelly and Judy Garland. Then in fifth grade, I was introduced to rock n roll. David Bowie pretty much changed my life.
2. What or who still inspires you to keep on keeping on?
The cockroaches and bedbugs in my apartment. It’s fairly admirable how they continue to gnaw on my ass in the middle of the night despite how much I complain.
3. What would you rather be doing right now?
Writing a song with a six pack and a joint. Kicking it with Buddyhead. There’s also a show in New York tonight at Death by Audio that I would die to see.
4. Give us your best recipe? Let us have it!
I’ve lived off of hummus and peanut butter sandwiches for the past two years. I got nothin.
5. How old were you when you lost your virginity and how’d it go?
17 in the back of a truck parked on Mulholland. Nothing magical, just awkward and right when we finished the cops pulled up and I got a ticket for smoking.
6. What makes you cringe?
Popular radio, Marriage.
7. If you could pick one super power and it had to be either being able to fly or being able to time travel, which would you go with? And what would you do first with your new found super power? Would you rally on the side of good or evil?
I woud have to choose flying. If I had the ability to time travel everyone would be fucked. Can’t mess with the time space continium. First thing I’d do is go for a practice flight around the Santa Monica Mountains. Then pick up a friend for some dining and ditching….I’m sure flying would make it a lot easier to get away. I’m not sure if such behavior is good or evil.
8. Do you have hope for this new generation of kids who worship Lindsay Lohan, suck down TMZ, download music (and have never even owned one cd or lp) and fast food gobbling generation that is in their teenage years right now? Or are they a lost cause?
I’m sure there will be some sort of awakening for them soon. How long can that shit be fun anyway? I don’t know. Pretty proud to have never seen TMZ.
9. Tom Cruise… genius or psycho?
I don’t give three finger fucks about Tom Cruise. Sad man.
10. What in the world is affecting you right now?
I miss my records and my record player. Being broke and selling shit for food sucks.
11. Tom Jones or Neil Diamond?
12. What could you NOT live with out?
I don’t really need too much. Good friends, good music.
13. Give the internet some words to live by….
Keep on tellin everyone how cool shit is in the real world. Viva Buddyhead.
This is some text prior to the author information. You can change this text from the admin section of WP-Gravatar To change this standard text, you have to enter some information about your self in the Dashboard -> Users -> Your Profile box. Read more from this author